SEAWALL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, SOUTH FLORIDA
We provide concrete seawall construction that can withstand the elements and offer a free five-year assessment.
Our team will do a comprehensive assessment of your project and construct the most cost-effective and viable solution according to your project needs. We take all factors into account for seawall construction in Palm coast, FL and ensure only the best results. Our team is also there to guide you at every step from permitting to final walk-through
We take pride in being one of the premier seawall construction companies in South Florida.
Benefits of Concrete Seawall Construction
Seawalls are essential measures taken to defend the shorelines against erosion and flooding. At Coast Seawall Dock & Boatlifts, we have extensive knowledge and experience in the creation and operation of seawalls and water barriers.
Here are some benefits of seawalls construction to residential places:
• Defense against erosion and flooding
• Beautiful shoreline
• Long-term protection
• Sustainability of the environment
• Increased security and promotes investment
• Durable and low maintenance
• Less expensive
Seawall Construction Methods
We provide seawall construction services in South Florida. There are different methods of seawall construction, such as
• Curved seawalls are designed to disperse the momentum of water waves by reflecting the shape of the waves. These walls are engineered to provide a more effective barrier against the forces of the sea, helping to protect your property from damage.
• Vertical seawalls rise straight up from the ground, creating a barrier against the energy of the ocean waves. While these walls provide some protection, they can be more vulnerable to damage than curved seawalls, which help to redistribute the force of the waves.
• Mounded seawalls are constructed of stacks of materials, such as sandbags or rocks. These walls are typically used in emergency situations to protect shorelines or to minimize the impact of waves. Mounded seawalls are typically temporary structures and may not provide the same level of protection as curved or vertical seawalls.
The type of seawall that is best suited to your property will depend on several factors, including location and the severity of the coastal environment. At Coast Seawall Dock & Boatlifts, we have the expertise to help you determine the right seawall solution for your needs.
Now that you have a general idea of seawall repair, let’s get into some frequently asked questions from our customers so that you can make informed choices
about your seawall and choose the right service!
If you have other inquiries, do not hesitate to message us.
The life expectancy of a seawall is generally about 35 years on average. However, it can vary, depending on the following factors:
- Type of seawall (steel, vinyl, concrete, rip rap)
- Quality of installation
- Extent of maintenance
The installation process is critical! Improper seawall construction installation can reduce the seawall’s lifetime by 10-15 years. A major reason for seawall failure is that they are not deep enough. A seawall should be as deep as it is high in order to support itself. Thus, you should be careful about the seawall service you choose (we hope it’s Coast Seawall Dock & Boatlifts).
Seawall damage can be due to different reasons, but the signs of damage are generally quite noticeable. Still, the warning signs will depend on the type of seawall you have, so it might not be the same for everyone. This is exactly why you need a professional inspection of your seawall every now and then. Nevertheless, here are the things you need to look out for, depending on the type of seawall you have installed:
- Steel seawalls- leaks, corrosion, and cracks
- Rip rap- dislodged stones in need of replacement
- Concrete- separation between the slabs
We suggest you get professional help because preserving the longevity of a seawall requires the attention of a trained professional. We are here to help!
You can try and help maintain your seawall on your own, while still enlisting the aid of a professional every 5 years to get further inspection. A few ways to do self-maintenance on your seawall would be to seal minor cracks and holes with marine gout, watch for any plant growth, and make sure you don’t have any weep holes, especially clogged weep holes, to prevent your seawall from failing.
Seawall damage is not necessarily drastic. In fact, minor damage is fairly easy to fix during routine maintenance. The real problem begins when you prolong the time between damages and repair. For instance, a sagging steel seawall or a seawall with major breaches that allow the soil to drain into the water will require considerable repairs. If you notice major flexion in the wall or your land sliding toward the water, please give us a call before the situation becomes severe. When in doubt, make sure to schedule an appointment with one of our trained professionals!
There are various factors that can affect the cost of seawall construction in South Florida, including –
- Material type
- Ease of installation